Saturday, August 6, 2016

Live from just outside Bangalore India...

...It's your host, me! And when I say host, I really mean host. Because I have won (without any competition it's true) the definitive title of Diabetes Ambassador to Shanti Bhavan School (which, side note, is the *amazing* school I've been teaching at this summer and I highly recommend you check out their website and get involved with their mission). If I thought my students back home were curious, well, curious has a new meaning here, that's for sure.

It all started when the students caught sight of my OmniPod ticking away on my upper arm. Cries of "Miss, what is that?!" and "Miss, is it paining?!" followed me for the duration of my stay. Teachers, staff, students, everyone wanted to find out more information, share tips and tricks (eat chappati, not rice, for example), and generally just discuss diabetes with me pretty much all the time.

Result? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, so I think posting on here might be light for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment