Saturday, May 14, 2016

GIVE ME ALL THE APPOINTMENTS

I am going to be traveling this summer. A big trip. I've taken a few before, and while I always like to travel light, this is the first time I'm not going to be packing a functioning pancreas, if you catch my drift.

And man. Man oh man oh man oh man. And woman, oh woman, oh woman. Because I have both male and female doctors. And doctors are who I need to see, doctors up to my eyeballs. Endocrinologist, CDE, GP, travel nurse, and oh by the way I coincidentally happen to be due for the gynecologist, dentist, and a spirometry exam for my Afrezza prescription.

I've been bouncing around the city for weeks now, stopping every so often for a massive pickup at my trusty Walgreens, and I'm not done yet. I'm giving my FSA and my bus pass quite the workout.

It's funny because I'm going somewhere where the visa process is generally considered to be quite annoying and demanding. I even had to get my passport renewed, too. Yet somehow I accomplished that in about 10 minutes plus one trip to the post office. Maybe I'm being hyperbolic (who moi??). Maybe in the olden days it would have seemed like quite an arduous process.

Perspective: the gift of old age and also shitty pancreases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment