Saturday, May 9, 2015

One of my least-favorite acronyms

UTIs.

Not the most fun topic for this here blog, but sadly a very real reality in my day-to-day diabetes life. Is anyone else (females only I guess) dogged by these? I swear I take probiotics and a cranberry supplement, as well as drink more water than a drowning fish, but still every time I have a pump fail or a couple of sticky 200s in a row, there I am again drowning in nitrofurantoin...honestly probably my #2 most-relied on drug after the Humalog.

It's not a huge deal, but it's certainly not ideal so I thought I would note it here...hopefully it's just part of the diabetes hazing and it'll be over once I'm out of the early days. 

1 comment:

  1. OK, I don't know if blogspot ate my comment, or you have it monitored, but I'm going to try again. :) I was going to wait until I was done reading (yes, I'm binge-reading your blog!), but I had to comment here. I was having a lot of issues with UTI's (I know, SO not fun!) and my doctor recommended a cup of non-fat plain yogurt a day. It has *really* helped reduce the number & frequency of UTI's I've had. I do a cup of Greek yogurt with whole grain, high fiber cereal every morning, and it's made a real difference. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete